Monday, August 31, 2009

Still battling Comcast

Well, I eventually got a follow up on the comment post I received here. I was told to contact them, send them some basic account info, and they would look into the situation around my rebate. The response I ultimately got...

The account was just stopped billing on 08/23/09. The disconnect was completed on 08/24/09. It takes 4-6 weeks to receive the refund check.

So, even the help people, who troll the internet looking for ways to right Comcast's wrongs, are not given any power to improve the situation. It just delayed me in sending my letter by a day or so. Don't worry, the letter goes out today then... certified. Just so I know you got it.

My response to this email:

I guess I will need to follow my planned course of action then. I had thought that perhaps someone from this email address was going to address the problem, rather than just summarize the situation. I find it highly unacceptable that I am expected to pay a comcast bill roughly two weeks after I receive it, and when I am due a refund, it takes more than a month to get it. Not only this, but when I pay, I am prepaying for my service!!! Expect my letter arriving at my local comcast branch, certified, requesting payment within 15 days. If I dont receive it by the due date, expect a late fee and an additional bill. Just the way that your policy works, this is my policy as well.

1 comment:

  1. You deal with things in such a more hilarious manner than I do. I usually just say "I hate you and your stupid company" and then hang up.

    Ok not really, but almost.

    Seriously though, that's so annoying of them to specifically contact you and say they're going to help fix things, only to waste your time further.

    ReplyDelete