Friday, January 23, 2009

Store Update

So far, the store is up and running. I think the summary of items posted is as follows:

1) A bundle of roughly 90 comic graphic novels I bought for $58.
2) Chris has posted a few photography/art pieces.
3) A few scattered older books I still had from my half.com/amazon.com stores.

At this time, I have sold about 14 books going at roughly $3 each. 11 of them belong to the series I just purchased, so out of the 90 books, I am down to about 79 (with a few repeats), and have received $36 back. Pretty happy with that progress. I also sold 3 other books that had been on half.com or amazon for a few months with no bites. It seems that posting them on ebay opened up a whole new audience, and also allowing me to offer free shipping made a huge difference. It cuts into the profits slightly, but, when I picked up the 90 books, I decided that all I needed was $1 per book, and I would be doing alright. Right now I am averaging well over $3 per book. 4-5 more books and the rest will be house money.

As for the photography/art, perhaps my brother can comment more on this topic, or post something for us. He has been getting some more looks than in the past, and the flexibility of allowing the art to remain posted for an extended period at a fixed price has helped his cause. He also mentioned that he has seen more traffic to his other website, so a sale should be coming in the near future. Maybe posting up a few more items soon could gain even more attention (nudge nudge).

Anywho, that is the ebay store update for now. Less than one month in, and I still think it is a good idea. Now I just need to get my hands on some more books. I am always in the market for more products. Keep me posted if you get any.

1 comment:

  1. One issue I'm having right now is a lack of art. I need to list some more frames and try some different things with them, but I really only have one more frame with a picture in it. This is unfortunate.

    The number of views is higher than in my previous 7 day auctions, and it looks like my online gallery has gotten some additional views, but still no bites. So the current mission is to add more pieces, which should hopefully generate more views on the other pieces, just like my brother said.

    My brother also suggested adding international shipping options, so I think I may try that as well. I really need to make sure I don't get burned on that, but I guess if I get burned once and learn the process, that won't be too bad. At least I'll get something out there.

    ReplyDelete