Thursday, June 24, 2010

C&C Stuff Factory: Boarded up and heading home

Yesterday marked the end of an era. The ebay store, most famously known as C&C Stuff Factory, closed up shop yesterday to minimal fanfare. After a 2 year run on the market, rising ebay fees doomed the young store. I wrote a recent post describing the problems with the store in the new ebay fee structure, and after some more thought, it just seemed like this was the time to close up. As it was, the fees ebay charged to remain open were close to the profits on the items, but with 4xing the listing fees on me, the margin became small enough to the point where most of my items would cost more to list than I would be able to profit. Breaking even, or losing money, was not the intentions of C&C Stuff Factory.

I would not say that this ends my schemes at making money. That is the nice thing about get rich quick ideas. You might have a bunch that fail, but you just need that one to work, and then you are rich. And you don't have to go to work. Or bathe. Or do anything you don't want to do. So, we shall see what the next idea brings. One idea is in the works right now, with my brother being the lead on this project. Maybe a future post can detail some of that plan, but first I will need to consult with him on the public release notes.

The blog however will continue. Still many good things (and bad things) to talk about so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment