Monday, June 14, 2010

Back in Business

It has been a long time since I wrote here, but maybe this time I will be a little more dedicated to my blogging. In other words, I now have my own office at work, and over lunch might be the best time to add some material.

I am in the process of upgrading my ebay store. For the longest time I have been torn between the idea of letting the store go and close it up, or putting in some time and getting some new items. I finally decided that I was going to go ahead and get some new items, and try to push some more stuff out the door. It might be a temporary experiment, as it seems like increasing ebay fees and paypal fees are slowly pushing $5 items off the site, but I am willing to give it another try.

A month back, the Phillies celebrated Roy Halladay bobble head night. This was where the store started to make its turnaround. I had 12 bobbles to auction off, all very successfully (there should be some Sarge hats up there this weekend if you are interested...)

When those items went quickly, I decided that I just generally enjoy selling stuff on there. I have tried buying some deal a day items from best buy, with some mixed success there (I sold a few things for more than twice what I paid for them, sold a few for just a bit less than what I bought them for). I think there is some potential here, I just need better research before I commit. There have also been a lot of yard sale type items that have come up recently, and some of those went for a lot (sold our Super Nintendo and about 20 games for a little more than $225).

So, this is where I am. Working on new schemes. The thing about get rich quick schemes is that you only need one to work. So far I haven't found that one yet, but when I do, you will know about it.

Please comment with ideas you have, or just to let me know that someone out there might still read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment